Parent Education has long been an important component of the Menlo-Atherton PTA offerings. Through presentations from leading experts, the M-A Parent Education Series offers the Menlo-Atherton and SUHSD community enriching education to improve the academic, physical, mental, and social-emotional health and success of our students.
Note: the M-A Parent Education Series is now a District-wide initiative, with programs at M-A, Woodside, and Sequoia.
M-A PARENT EDUCATION SERIES l 2018-2019 EVENT SCHEDULE
- Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 7:00pm – 8:30pm (M-A PAC)
Alice Kleeman, College Advisor & Angel Pérez, Vice President, Trinity College
Twenty Years in College Admission—What Has Changed, What Hasn’t:
Reflections from Both Sides of the Desk
Info + Tickets: https://alicekleeman2019ma.eventbrite.com
- Monday, March 25, 2019, 7:00pm – 8:30pm (M-A PAC)
Kelly McGonigal, PhD, Stanford University, author of “The Upside of Stress”
Info + Tickets: (coming soon)
PAST EVENTS FROM THE 2018-2019 SERIES
Please click here for the YouTube channel where you can watch videos of some of these events, and more!
- Leah Weiss, PhD, MSW, Stanford University, author of “How We Work” – Mindful Parenting: How to Raise Kids While Reclaiming Your Sanity
- ANGST: Raising Awareness Around Anxiety – Documentary Film & Panel Discussion, Presented by SUHSD Wellness Advisory Council (WAC)
- Heidi Kasenich, PhD, Director, Quiet Revolution – Quiet Revolution: Unlocking the Power of Introverts
“Like us” on Facebook! The M-A Parent Education Series Facebook page will keep you posted about upcoming M-A and SUHSD Parent Ed events, new research in education, community events, and more. Please visit the M-A Parent Education Series Facebook page.
M-A Parent Education Series events are sponsored by the M-A PTA, the Sequoia Healthcare District, and the Sequoia Union High School District.
Questions? Contact Charlene Margot, M.A., Director, The Parent Education Series, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For Spanish, contact Lilly Quiñonez, Parent Center Coordinator, at 650-322-5311, Ext. 50255.