Parent Education has long been an important component of the Menlo-Atherton PTA offerings. Through presentations from leading experts, the M-A Parent Education Series offers the Menlo-Atherton and SUHSD community enriching education to improve the academic, physical, mental, and social-emotional health and success of our students.
Note: the M-A Parent Education Series is now a District-wide initiative, with programs at M-A, Woodside, and Sequoia. For more information about the Parent Education Series, please click here.
M-A PARENT EDUCATION SERIES l 2018-2019 EVENT SCHEDULE
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019, 7:00pm – 8:30pm (M-A PAC)
Lily’s Wings: An Anti-Trafficking Community Project and Play
Info + Tickets: https://
Lily’s Wings is an original project and play in English and Spanish to raise awareness about human trafficking.
Open to parents, youth 13+, educators, and community members! Free admission and light refreshments.
PAST EVENTS FROM THE 2018-2019 SERIES
Please click here for the YouTube channel where you can watch videos of some of these events, and more!
- Denise Pope, PhD, Stanford GSE – Challenge Success, a Well Balanced Perspective on College “Fit”
- Kelly McGonigal, PhD, Stanford University, author of “The Upside of Stress” – Born to Move: The Scientific Link Between Movement, Joy & Belonging
- Leah Weiss, PhD, MSW, Stanford University, author of “How We Work” – Mindful Parenting: How to Raise Kids While Reclaiming Your Sanity
- ANGST: Raising Awareness Around Anxiety – Documentary Film & Panel Discussion, Presented by SUHSD Wellness Advisory Council (WAC)
- Heidi Kasenich, PhD, Director, Quiet Revolution – Quiet Revolution: Unlocking the Power of Introverts
- Alice Kleeman, College Advisor & Angel Pérez, Vice President, Trinity College – Twenty Years in College Admission—What Has Changed, What Hasn’t:
Reflections from Both Sides of the Desk
“Like us” on Facebook! The M-A Parent Education Series Facebook page will keep you posted about upcoming M-A and SUHSD Parent Ed events, new research in education, community events, and more. Please visit the M-A Parent Education Series Facebook page.
M-A Parent Education Series events are sponsored by the M-A PTA, the Sequoia Healthcare District, and the Sequoia Union High School District.
Questions? Contact Charlene Margot, M.A., Director, The Parent Education Series, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For Spanish, contact Lilly Quiñonez, Parent Center Coordinator, at 650-322-5311, Ext. 50255.