Parent Education has long been an important component of the Menlo-Atherton PTA offerings. Through presentations from leading experts, the M-A Parent Education Series offers the Menlo-Atherton and SUHSD community enriching education to improve the academic, physical, mental, and social-emotional health and success of our students.
Note: the M-A Parent Education Series is now a District-wide initiative, with programs at M-A, Woodside, and Sequoia. For more information about the Parent Education Series, please click here.
M-A PARENT EDUCATION SERIES l 2019-2020 EVENT SCHEDULE
More Events/Dates Coming Soon!
- Thursday, September 19, 2019, 7:00pm – 8:30pm (M-A PAC)
Terri Givens, PhD, CEO, The Center for Higher Education LeadershipMaking the Transition to College: An Insider’s Guide to the Higher Education Experience
What should you and your student know about making the transition to college? How can the high school experience prepare your child for a successful college career? Join author, educator, and higher education expert Terri Givens, PhD, for an “insider’s” look at the college experience. Dr. Givens is the founder and CEO of The Center for Higher Education Leadership, a portal for professional development for higher education leaders.
PAST EVENTS FROM THE 2018-2019 SERIES
Please click here for the YouTube channel where you can watch videos of some of these events, and more!
- Denise Pope, PhD, Stanford GSE – Challenge Success, a Well Balanced Perspective on College “Fit”
- Kelly McGonigal, PhD, Stanford University, author of “The Upside of Stress” – Born to Move: The Scientific Link Between Movement, Joy & Belonging
- Leah Weiss, PhD, MSW, Stanford University, author of “How We Work” – Mindful Parenting: How to Raise Kids While Reclaiming Your Sanity
- ANGST: Raising Awareness Around Anxiety – Documentary Film & Panel Discussion, Presented by SUHSD Wellness Advisory Council (WAC)
- Heidi Kasenich, PhD, Director, Quiet Revolution – Quiet Revolution: Unlocking the Power of Introverts
- Alice Kleeman, College Advisor & Angel Pérez, Vice President, Trinity College – Twenty Years in College Admission—What Has Changed, What Hasn’t:
Reflections from Both Sides of the Desk
- Lily’s Wings: An Anti-Trafficking Community Project and Play – Lily’s Wings is an original project and play in English and Spanish to raise awareness about human trafficking.
“Like us” on Facebook! The M-A Parent Education Series Facebook page will keep you posted about upcoming M-A and SUHSD Parent Ed events, new research in education, community events, and more. Please visit the M-A Parent Education Series Facebook page.
M-A Parent Education Series events are sponsored by the M-A PTA, the Sequoia Healthcare District, and the Sequoia Union High School District.
Questions? Contact Charlene Margot, M.A., Director, The Parent Education Series, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For Spanish, contact Lilly Quiñonez, Parent Center Coordinator, at 650-322-5311, Ext. 50255.