Established in 1999, the M-A PTA Mini-Grant Program aims to serve as many M-A students as possible by funding one-time events or supplies where alternate funding is not available. M-A teachers, club leaders, administrators, staff members and students may apply.
What a Mini-Grant Can Fund
The PTA is guided by the principle that mini-grants should benefit the largest number of students possible across a variety of grade levels and subject areas. With this in mind, mini-grants generally fund:
- Supplies, materials and equipment including books, magazines and newspapers
- Support for school programs
- Instructional CDs, videos and software
- Electrical or electronic equipment
- Entry fees or admission costs to museums or other field trip destinations (but NOT other field trip costs, such as transportation. See below)
See the funded Fall 2017 Mini-Grants.
See the funded Spring 2018 Mini-Grants.
What a Mini-Grant Cannot Fund
PTA guidelines limit mini-grant funding for:
- No private transportation costs, hotels, etc. (due to insurance limitations)
- No salaries or substitute teacher costs
- No funding for staff professional development or staff conferences of any kind
- No gift cards
- No food (unless it is to feed volunteers)
- No furnishings for staff rooms, lunch rooms or principals’ offices
- No athletics-related requests. Please check with Athletic Boosters
How to apply/Deadlines
2018-19 Request Forms and more details about deadlines and processes will be posted soon!
- Application deadlines are final; no late submissions will be accepted.
- Fully complete the request form, including how the funds will be used.
- Calculate expenditures carefully. The PTA will not fund any amounts over the amount approved (include tax and shipping costs, especially for internet purchases).
- Grant funds must be used for the purposes specified in the grant application.
- Items purchased with grant proceeds are the property of Menlo-Atherton High School.
- it is now a requirement to be a member of the M-A PTA in order to request a mini-grant. Information about joining the PTA can be found online at:
- Complete the Reimbursement request form when you are ready to be reimbursed. Please include a copy of your mini‐grant approval letter with the form.
Mini-Grant Committee Co-Chairs:
- Sara Richter and Linda Gates
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org