Established in 1999, the M-A PTA Mini-Grant Program aims to serve as many M-A students as possible by funding one-time events or supplies where alternate funding is not available. M-A teachers, club leaders, administrators, staff members and students may apply.
What a Mini-Grant Can Fund
The PTA is guided by the principle that mini-grants should benefit the largest number of students possible across a variety of grade levels and subject areas. With this in mind, mini-grants generally fund:
- Supplies, materials and equipment including books, magazines and newspapers
- Support for school programs
- Instructional CDs, videos and software
- Electrical or electronic equipment
- Entry fees or admission costs to museums or other field trip destinations (but NOT other field trip costs, such as transportation. See below)
See the funded Spring 2017 Mini-grants.
See the funded Fall 2017 Mini-grants.
What a Mini-Grant Cannot Fund
PTA guidelines limit mini-grant funding for:
- No private transportation costs, hotels, etc. (due to insurance limitations)
- No salaries or substitute teacher costs
- No funding for staff professional development or staff conferences of any kind
- No gift cards
- No food (unless it is to feed volunteers)
- No furnishings for staff rooms, lunch rooms or principals’ offices
- No athletics-related requests. Please check with Athletic Boosters
How to apply/Deadlines
Download the Mini-Grant Request (PDF) (or Word Document) and submit by 1:30PM, Wednesday, September 27, 2017 for the Fall award cycle and by Wednesday, February 14, 2018 for the Spring award cycle. Please note, if your request is $750 or more, you need to copy your department head for approval. Send your fully completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. All reimbursements must be submitted to the PTA treasurer by May 1. PTA general membership will vote on requests at the first general meeting following the deadlines. You will be notified via email following the vote with the status of your request.
- Application deadlines are final; no late submissions will be accepted.
- Fully complete the request form, including how the funds will be used.
- Calculate expenditures carefully. The PTA will not fund any amounts over the amount approved (include tax and shipping costs, especially for internet purchases).
- Grant funds must be used for the purposes specified in the grant application.
- Items purchased with grant proceeds are the property of Menlo-Atherton High School.
- it is now a requirement to be a member of the M-A PTA in order to request a mini-grant. Information about joining the PTA can be found online at:
- Complete the Reimbursement request form when you are ready to be reimbursed. Please include a copy of your mini‐grant approval letter with the form.
Mini-Grant Committee Chair
- Nancy Kessler, Sara Richter (email@example.com)