BearNotes is the M-A school newsletter for the parents, staff, and students of M-A. Its purpose is to communicate school news and upcoming events with our community. The PTA sends BearNotes to registered users by email once a week on Sunday evenings.
- Sign up to receive school news every week. Subscribe to the BearNotes mailing list.
- Looking for past editions of BearNotes? Find them in the BearNotes Archive.
- BearNotes Spanish language editions.
BearNotes Publication Policies
How to Submit Items
- Email submissions to BearNotes@mabearspta.org. Do not send submissions to anyone’s personal email address.
- Include all content in the body of the email, not as attachments.
When to Submit Items
- The deadline for submissions is Thursday at midnight for publication on Sunday evening.
- Sports events taking place on the weekend will be included if submitted by noon on Sunday. Please keep submissions short.
- For items submitted in advance, the publication date should be included in the email subject line. (i.e. BearNotes submission – Feed Our Families: November 1 & November 7).
- BearNotes runs submissions for two (2) weeks just prior to an event. However, if the submission includes an action item (such as purchasing tickets, recruiting volunteers, or soliciting underwriting), the article may run in two (2) issues just prior to the event, as well as one (1) single other issue before that, at the discretion of the Committee Chair submitting the article.
What to Submit
- No special or additional editions of Bear Notes will be sent out unless the subject matter impacts the entire school population. Such special editions are exclusively at the discretion of the BearNotes editors and the PTA Co-Presidents.
- Submissions should be SHORT, and should include the organization name, event, date, time, location, and contact info (including website URLs). Submissions missing vital information may not be published in a timely manner.
- Do not include pictures or photos in BearNotes submissions.
- For links to downloadable forms, please plan ahead and email the PTA Co-Presidents to make sure the form is first posted on the PTA website.
- Please spell check and proofread submissions.
- Please include the hyphen in Menlo-Atherton High School and when using the initials M-A.
- Community interest items, unrelated to M-A, will be limited to a brief event description, date, time, location, website URL, and contact info.
- Community items are only included for non-profit organizations with messages that pertain directly to our target audience.
- BearNotes will be emailed in HTML format, with the choice of receiving text-only submissions.
- The PTA BearNotes team reserves the right to edit or reject submissions.
- The M-A PTA is a non-profit organization, with a non-commercial, non-partisan, and non-sectarian policy which is strictly enforced. In particular, notices of a personal, political, religious, commercial, or editorial nature will not be published.
Thank you from the BearNotes Team:
BearNotes Editors: Mike Santoro, Uyen Kry, Audra Loftman, Amy Travers and Pam Ellingson
BearNotes Spanish Editor and Translator: Catalina Zapata-Vial
Proofreaders: Alyssa Blau, Lisa Cope, Julie Lee, and Tricia Teason